Thursday, October 2, 2014

Update Afterglow Capt. Billy: "Nothing to Pout About..."

At 5:30 this morning, my Mom and I were reflecting aloud in the afterglow of my Dad's hospital visit yesterday to UNC Cancer Hospital in Chapel Hill. 

Mom said to me: "I awoke this morning with the words of an old hymn on my mind: 
'He hideth my soul
in the cleft of the rock 
that shadows a dry, thirsty land.'"

Yes, after finding out Dad is not an acceptable candidate for a bone marrow transplant, we now have an answer. The doctors have done all they can to help cure the cancer and now in the words of the best cancer doctor in North Carolina, the Lord is "Dad's Ultimate Physician".

So, I am here to report that whether the Lord physically heals Dad or not, He is already hiding our spiritual souls in His Holiness. All is well.

Thanks to everyone of you for your continued interest and intercession for Capt. Billy and his family,

Yesterday, after the doctor left Mom, my brothers and me in the consultation room with Dad, Dad began to cry beautiful tears of triumphant testimony, declaring "I have no fear. Lately, I've got leaving on my mind. I am having a good day." 

Dad even said this once we were in the car headed back to Harkers Island: 
"I have nothing to pout about 
and everything to shout about. 
I have Eternal Life!"

Leaving UNC on Wednesday, October 1, 2014. Left to right: My youngest brother, Stephen Gray, Capt. Billy, my middle brother, Billy Joe, and Lady Melba. Oh how I love my loved ones. 

Note: If image above doesn't display fully, click on image.

Grateful 

5 comments:

lzajane said...

Love & prayers to all

Todd said...

Thanks for sharing the Captain's story with us. It is a blessing to see a seasoned saint living out the sufficiency of Grace.

Martin LaBar said...

Great testimony!

Cheryl Haynes said...

Praise God for the PEACE only He can give us! And the PEACE is always on time! Prayers for all your family. You are loved!

i am Grateful... Kerry i am. said...

Peace indeed. Like a fountain within.