Saturday, August 30, 2014

"Pleasant Places"

Last night I was blessed to moderate a panel of boat builders and fishermen from my native North Carolina, coastland community. The local Heritage Museum was honoring the Davis family from Marshallberg, North Carolina. 

The panel consisted of a grandfather, Bernie,  son, Gary, and two grandsons, Ramsey and Zach. Beginning with the grandfather, they each shared memories about the great grandfather, Ray. 

Finally, through tears of gratitude, the youngest grandson, Zach, gave this passage from the Psalms to explain how he felt about his grandfather, his heritage, and the generational blessing that is now His:  

“The LORD is my inheritance and my cup. You are the one who determines my destiny. Your boundary lines mark out pleasant places for me. Indeed, my inheritance is something beautiful.”
-- Psalm 16:5-6 (GWT) 

Grateful 

No comments: