Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Jeremiah 31

My friend, Ned, a precious Messianic Jew, said this passage turned the lights on for him spiritually:

“The days are coming,” declares the Lord, “when I will make a new promise to Israel and Judah. It will not be like the promise that I made to their ancestors when I took them by the hand and brought them out of Egypt. They rejected that promise, although I was a husband to them,” declares the Lord. “But this is the promise that I will make to Israel after those days,” declares the Lord : “I will put my teachings inside them, and I will write those teachings on their hearts. I will be their God, and they will be my people. No longer will each person teach his neighbors or his relatives by saying, ‘Know the Lord.’ All of them, from the least important to the most important, will know me,” declares the Lord, “because I will forgive their wickedness and I will no longer hold their sins against them.” (Jeremiah 31:31-34 GW)

Grateful 

No comments: