Wednesday, April 2, 2014

"I Love a Tender Day"

Today, I am having a tender day. Do you know what I mean by that? A tender day for me is when I feel somewhat weepy inside -- tears seem right on the edge of my eyes. Often a tender day happens as I think of loved ones who are distant from me, combined with a awareness of the brokenness of this temporary world I live in.

Also, on a tender day, I seem to be leaning in very desperately for a deeper sense of Divine companionship and a desire for a keener focus from Heaven's perspective. A tender day finds me usually feeling overwhelmed by what's expected of me as a pastor, a husband, a daddy, a friend, and member of society, but finally surrendering all of those unrealistic expectations to the wonderful reality of knowing The Holy Presence of Jesus is mine and is so much more essential than my human performance.

All-in-all, you have probably gathered by now that I love a tender day. A tender day is proof that I am not numb, yes, a tender day is undeniable evidence that my soul is fully alive. And especially on tender days, I know that Jesus is wanting to reveal His mercy and grace and love and peace to me and within me in brand new ways.

Eddie Rabbit wrote an old country song in the 1970s titled, "I Love a Rainy Night." Well, maybe I should write a new Christian song and title it, "I Love a Tender Day." (Because I do.)

Grateful

2 comments:

1Car Guy said...

It takes a tough man to have a tender heart, peace be with you today.

i am Grateful... Kerry i am. said...

Thanks brother.