Monday, July 9, 2012

"Monday Mornings" -- Transparency :-D

Mondays mornings are what they are. (Get ready for a little transparency from this blog author today.) For me, Monday mornings seem to be the hardest mornings for spiritual and emotional lift-off. Especially cloud-filled Monday mornings. If you know what I mean?

Karen and Richard Carpenter sang a song in the seventies titled "Rainy Days and Mondays Always Get Me Down." While I have nothing against "Rainy Days", the song may contribute somewhat to how I feel about Mondays. However, I sure do admire the transparency of the songwriters, and I have often wondered if that song was written on a cloudy Monday morning?

Maybe Monday mornings are a little tougher for me to navigate, because Sundays tend to be among my favorite days of the week -- often the most favorite day of the week. (I tend to like Tuesdays and Fridays, too.) I mean, worshipping God on Sunday mornings within the fellowship of other God-believers is such a wonderful expression to the Lord I love and such a marvelous exercise for my heart, mind, soul, and strength.

Yes, that probably contributes to Monday mornings moving a little slower for me. After all, in contrast, my Sundays tend to be more overflowing with obvious inspiration than my Mondays, because I get to draw from the strength of Christ's local body being together. The family of God? What a gift!

Anyway, today I thought I would just be transparent. Not meaning to discourage anyone, just saying, "Monday mornings are what they are." So for me, Monday mornings may require a little more faith and a little more prayer and a little more trusting than the others days of the week. And that's all good, because I know that this verse is true on Mondays as well as all the other days of the week as well:

"This is the day the Lord has made.
Let’s rejoice and be glad today!"
-- Psalm 118:24 (GWT)

O, For Grace To Trust Him More! Remember... "Sunday's coming!"
Grateful (2 YouTube Songs below)

Click here: Carpenters - Rainy Days And Mondays - YouTube

Click here: This is the Day That the Lord Has Made - YouTube

No comments: