Sunday, February 12, 2012

Help Is On The Way! Let Us Pray!

A song for going up to worship:

(1) I look up toward the mountains. Where can I find help?
(2) My help comes from the Lord, the Maker of heaven and earth.
(3) He will not let you fall. Your guardian will not fall asleep.
(4) Indeed, the Guardian of Israel never rests or sleeps.
(5) The Lord is your Guardian.
The Lord is the Shade over your right hand.
(6) The sun will not beat down on you during the day,
nor will the moon at night.
(7) The Lord guards you from every evil. He guards your life.
(8) The Lord guards you as you come and go, now and forever.
-- Psalm 121 (GWT)

This morning I told the people of our local congregation: "If you feel overwhelmed by life, HELP IS ON THE WAY!" I said this as I announced that our local family of faith, hope, and love would be gathering for a sacred assembly of seeking God's face in vulnerable prayer tomorrow evening, yes, Monday, February 13, in our worship center from 5 - 6:30 p.m.

I really believe that God hears the cries of those who belong to Him. I have a holy anticipation that God's mercy is running towards us even now as I post this blog entry. One precious lady came up afterwards weeping and thanking me for planning this special prayer gathering. I embraced her and prayed over her as the prelude for the promises that the Lord has in mind for all of us when we come together Monday at 5 pm in His Name.

As we left the church foyer after today's worship services, Pastor Joseph, our worship pastor, asked me if I'd ever heard Michael W. Smith's song titled, "HELP IS ON THE WAY!?" I had not heard it. But I have now. Here's the link below.

(If you cannot be with us in person Monday from 5 - 6:30 p.m. Eastern Standard Time, we invite you to please be with us in Spirit -- The Holy Spirit!)

Click here: Help Is On The Way - Michael W. Smith/Israel Houghton

The Lord is far from wicked people, but He hears the prayers of righteous people.
-- Proverbs 15:29 (GWT)

HELP HAS A NAME! It's JESUS!
Grateful

2 comments:

KLW said...

Matthew 18:20 For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them.

It doesn’t matter if we are gathered in a church building, at a park, in a prison, on a boat, on top of mountain; doesn’t change the fact. Doesn’t matter if it is Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, or Sunday. He is with us when we gather in His name. We have His promise, and we believers know that God keeps His promises no matter what.

From Michigan I will agree with you and your chruch family from 5-6.30 pm to call upon the Lord/

i am Grateful... Kerry i am. said...

So grateful to have you join us in prayer fro Michigan, Brother Keith. I agree with your comments... and something special happens when God's people come together simply to seek Him...