Sunday, January 15, 2012

Stop Sinning And Live!

(21) Suppose wicked people stop sinning and start obeying my laws and doing right. They won't be put to death. (22) All their sins will be forgiven, and they will live because they did right. (23) I, the LORD God, don't like to see wicked people die. I enjoy seeing them turn from their sins and live.

(24) But when good people start sinning and doing disgusting things, will they live? No! All their good deeds will be forgotten, and they will be put to death because of their sins.

(25) You people of Israel accuse me of being unfair! But listen--I'm not unfair; you are! (26) If good people start doing evil, they must be put to death, because they have sinned. (27) And if wicked people start doing right, they will save themselves from punishment. (28) They will think about what they've done and stop sinning, and so they won't be put to death. (29) But you still say that I am unfair. You are the ones who have done wrong and are unfair!

(30) I will judge each of you for what you've done. So stop sinning, or else you will certainly be punished. (31) Give up your evil ways and start thinking pure thoughts. And be faithful to me! Do you really want to be put to death for your sins? (32) I, the LORD God, don't want to see that happen to anyone. So stop sinning and live!

-- Ezekiel 18:21-32 (CEV)

Deo Volente -- Whatever God Wants!
Grateful

No comments: