Friday, January 6, 2012

PASSION 2012 -- Final Day

Well, we made it safely back to Virginia from Georgia. The journey was delightful from beginning to end. When the Lord assembles a group, you can know the chemistry will be miraculous. The Passion Gathering was a God-Thing, for sure. I was totally humbled to just serve the Lord and these young believers of Jesus.

Because it's about 1 a.m. as I am making this post and because I was the bus driver and am somewhat wondrously weary, let me just close with a few details about the Final Day of Passion 2012:

(1) Louie Giglio, The Passion Gathering Founder, shared a heartwarming closing message. He basically affirmed a message I share all the time with people. In my own words: "No matter what your age, get over searching for God's will. Just become God's will, and now!"

(2) The NASCAR rookie who won the Daytona 500 in 2011 on his 20th birthday, Trevor Bayne, was introduced as an attendee of the Passion Gathering. Louie told how Trevor gave glory to God after his win and then later when he had to miss races because of Lyme's disease continued to give God glory. The young congregation was reminded that they do not have to wait to speak for the Lord. 20-year-old Trevor Bayne didn't wait! When given the opportunity he was bold as a witness of His Lord.

(3) Also, the 40,000-plus, 18-25-year-olds raised -- drum roll please -- 2 1/2 million dollars in three days to help prevent and to begin to bring an end to human slavery around the world. In addition to that, another giver inspired by the generosity and sacrifice of the Passion attendees gave $500,000. So,yes, your math is correct -- $3 million raised to hopefully bring that 27 million slaves around the world number down, one freed slave at a time! May the Lord be glorified!

(4) The Passion attendees also brought towels and socks for the homeless to Atlanta. Last count I heard there was about 25,000 towels and even more socks, even blankets came in though they were not requested. The stacks of these items in the Georgia Dome foyers were unbelievable to see. Teamwork really does make the dream work!

Please keep praying and thanks for following us along the Passion 2012 journey on my blog. I hope the photos have helped to encourage you as well.

Ephesians 6:19 (GWT) -- Also pray that God will give me the right words to say. Then I will speak boldly when I reveal the mystery of the Good News.

Deo Volente -- Whatever God Wants!
Grateful

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful blog you have here! Thanks for sharing it with me and updating each day about passion, I'm going to write on mine about passion whenever I get a chance. Here's a link to mine- http://foreverinmyheart8.wordpress.com/

With love,
Kelley Lorencki

i am Grateful... Kerry i am. said...

Bless you Kelley. I am going to your blog now. Thanks for sharing. Keep your eyes on Jesus!