Wednesday, December 21, 2011

The Only God -- There Is None Like You

You are the only God ever seen or heard of who works miracles for His followers.
-- Isaiah 64:4 (CEV)

Click here: I Worship You, Almighty God (There is none like you)- Sondra Corbett - YouTube

My Dad and I are in the waiting room at the hospital. Not a favorite place to be at Christmastime, but we sense God's favor anyway.

Mom had hip surgery on Monday after she missed the bottom step coming down the stairs Sunday morning at 6 a.m. She thought her pain was only her arthritis, but later in the day after an ambulance ride to the Emergency Room, we learned her hip was indeed fractured. Recovery and rehabilitation are underway now. Her pain has been intense.

Dad and I are interceding in quiet prayer as the nurses are attempting to get Mom on her feet in her room. When I sat down, I plugged in my computer to listen to God's Word through my ear phones. I glanced over at Dad and he had the Gideon's Holy Bible open in his hand. Like his Mother, my Granny Margery, Dad whispers audibly when he reads "silently". Seeing my Dad whispering God's Word as I listen to God's Word warms my heart. We have no one else to turn to but God. And, we need no one else.

Our God, You are The Only God. There is None Like You! In Jesus' Name. Amen.

ALL JOY TO YOUR WORLD!
Grateful

10 comments:

Martin LaBar said...

And joy to you, too, from the only source of true joy!

i am Grateful... Kerry i am. said...

I receive that blessing, brother.

KLW said...

There is none like You.
No one else can touch my heart like You do,
I can search for all eternity Lord
And find, there is none like You.



There Is None Like You lyrics

i am Grateful... Kerry i am. said...

Amen. Amen. Amen.

Anonymous said...

Sending prayers your way.

Mark

Kris Peaden said...

May God's presence and strength be with you and your family during the days ahead. His strength is sufficient during our deepest time of need. Those who hope in the Lord shall renew their strength, they will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will WALK and not be faint. I claim this promise for your mom that she will know His strength in the days ahead. Love and blessings Kris

Anonymous said...

The Lord has you in his hands,he doesn't fail in his promises, he is in control, just trust with all you have, his will, will be done. Loving thoughts and prayers I am sending your way. May his healing hands be evident during this time. In his love, your sister in Christ.

i am Grateful... Kerry i am. said...

Your prayers mean so much. We trust only in The Lord our God for sure. Love.

James Spruill said...

My heart reaches for you. I pray His grace and mercy will hold you. jfs

i am Grateful... Kerry i am. said...

God is Good. All is Well. I am Grateful.