Wednesday, November 25, 2009

T-H-A-N-K-S-G-I-V-I-N-G

This T-h-a-n-k-s-g-i-v-i-n-g, let's not just focus on the first six letters of the holiday. Sure, we need to give thanks, but let's remember that only as we focus on all twelve letters, will we experience a whole holiday. We must give THANKS and be GIVING.

In the New Testament we see our Lord givng T-h-a-n-k-s to His Father and then g-i-v-i-n-g to His disciples the bread representing His body that was about to be broken and the cup representing His blood that would soon be shed for the whole world. Talk about a real T-h-a-n-k-s... G-i-v-i-n-g... meal.

1 Corinthians 11:23b-25 (NLT) -- (23b) On the night when He was betrayed, the Lord Jesus took a loaf of bread, (24) and when He had given T-h-a-n-k-s, He broke it and said, "This is My body, which is
g-i-v-e-n for you. Do this in remembrance of Me." (25) In the same way, He took the cup of wine after supper, saying, "This cup is the new covenant between God and you, sealed by the shedding of My blood. Do this in remembrance of Me as often as you drink it."

ALL JOY!
Grateful

2 comments:

Martin LaBar said...

Thanks. I hadn't paid attention to that.

i am Grateful... Kerry i am. said...

Giving. Thanks for giving your time to share with me on my blog.