Saturday, November 7, 2009

Let Your Life Be My Life, Oh Lord!

Consider with me Psalm 39:4-5 (NIV) -- (4) Show me, O LORD, my life’s end and the number of my days; let me know how fleeting is my life. (5) You have made my days a mere handbreadth; the span of my years is as nothing before you. Each man’s life is but a breath. Selah

My soul prays along with the Psalmist: Be my Eternal Life, Oh God, because my earthly life is fleeting, but Your Eternal Life is for forever. In Your name alone, Jesus, I have Hope and Strength for Life that lasts and lasts and lasts. Amen.

My heart sings aloud with the songwriter who penned these words:

My life is in You, Lord.
My strength is in You, Lord.
My hope is in You, Lord. In You, it's in You.
I will praise You with all of my life.
I will praise You with all of my strength.
With all of my life, With all of my strength,
All of my hope is in You!

ALL JOY!
Grateful

3 comments:

pastor paul said...

The fact that our life on earth is so tempory makes Heaven that much more amazing! No day, no night, no pain...All JOY!
pp

Martin LaBar said...

Both songwriters were right.

i am Grateful... Kerry i am. said...

Amen brothers. Thanks for the gift of your valuable time on my blog. I am humbled. ALL JOY!