Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Anticipate Revival! Help is On The Way!

It seems, that eleven words of passionate and desperate prayer recorded in Psalm 80:18 (NLT), are being deposited deep within my heart, mind, and soul, as a gift of Hope from God as the 2009 Christmas Holidays are fast-approaching and as I set my vision on the horizon that is the New Year 2010 and yes, even on, especially on into 2011.

Here are the eleven words: Revive us so we can call on your name once more.

To paraphrase 2 Samuel 5:24, like my Granny used to joyfully express it -- yes with a hint of holy expectation she'd smile and say -- I hear a rumbling in the mulberry bush. It was her hope-filled terminology for explaining that she sensed the Lord's undeniable presence coming our way to revive us again. You might say, she was encouraging us with her unwavering belief that Help was on the way!

Recently, after I spoke words of encouragement to church leaders in a training session in East Tennessee, one precious retired missionary came up to me and said tenderly: Thanks for stirring us without whipping us. I sense the Lord is not desiring to whip us or rebuke us but to stir us and revive us. In other words, I am hopefully anticipating real revival, realizing at the same time that we must first be found in a real rhythm of readiness so God can revive us.

Please, join me in praying for revival among us and beyond us. Together, let's model Galatians 6:9 (NIV) -- Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up.

I totally believe, today... Help is on the way!
ALL JOY!
Grateful

4 comments:

James Spruill said...

Amen!!!!Amen!!!! Yes Lord!! A revival of what is good and Holy, kind and sweet, a revival which brings His likeness into our lives.

i am Grateful... Kerry i am. said...

I believe it (REVIVAL) is underway! ALL JOY!

Martin LaBar said...

Make it so, Lord.

i am Grateful... Kerry i am. said...

Happy Thanksgiving Martin and James and all who take time out of your lives to meet me on my blog. Ii am grateful. Feels like revival in my heart.