Sunday, August 23, 2009

Know God?

Let us not ignore knowing God and/or being known by God, because only God-intimacy can prevent God-ignorance (God ignoring us). Let us pay close attention to the words of Jesus in Matthew 7:21-23:

(21) "Not all people who sound religious are really godly. They may refer to me as ‘Lord,’ but they still won’t enter the Kingdom of Heaven. The decisive issue is whether they obey my Father in heaven. (22) On judgment day many will tell me, ‘Lord, Lord, we prophesied in your name and cast out demons in your name and performed many miracles in your name.’ (23) But I will reply, ‘I never knew you. Go away; the things you did were unauthorized." (New Living Translation)

If we don't know God intimately, do we really know God at all? No. We only know about God. To know God and to be known by God is the awe-filled pinnacle of soul satisfaction.

And, let's remember always that it is by love alone that we learn Who God is. Afterall, 1 John 1:8 says: Whoever does not love does not know God, because God is love. (NIV)

ALL JOY!
Grateful


P.S. Happy 29th Wedding Anniversary to my wife, Kim. I love you and I will love you always and forever, yes, beyond many years.

No comments: