Friday, August 21, 2009

Does My Life Sing & Shout "Hallelujah?"

People who are much smarter than me tell me that there is one well-known word of praise to our Holy God that transcends all cultures and languages -- the word "Hallelujah!"

"Hallelujah" is the Hebrew word for "Praise", "Praise Ye," leading to "Praise Ye the Lord". My earliest recollections of experiencing God as a young child include singing (with great passionionate motions) this familiar praise chorus:

"Hallelu, Hallelu, Hallelu, Hallelujah! Praise Ye the Lord."

The personal question on my mind as a grown man is this:
Does my life sing and shout "Hallelujah" to my Holy God?

I wrote a praise song a few years ago. If you mix all the words together they sing and shout a loud "Hallelujah" to our Holy God.

Here's the chorus portion of the praise song if you want to sing and shout "Hallelujah" along with me and if you play guitar, or play at the guitar like I do, simply choose the chords of G, Em, Am, and D and the tune will likely work itself out as you strum and sing with a childlike heart of wonder-filled worship:

Let us give our praise... to our King of Kings;
Let us give all praise... yes, give Him everything.
Let us give our praise... to our King of Kings;
He is worthy of....... all our worshipping!

ALL JOY!
Grateful

No comments: