Thursday, July 30, 2009

The Real Lord's Prayer

My most cherished passage in the Holy Scriptures has to be, without doubt, John 17. (Now, what we commonly refer to as "The Lord's Prayer" in my opinion is actually "The Disciple's Prayer" taught to us by the Lord. You know, it's in Matthew 6, and begins with "Our Father Who Art in Heaven...") However, "The Real Lord's Prayer" has to be "His High Priestly Prayer" recorded in John 17. If you haven't read it lately, I highly recommend that you consider reading it.

Here are a few verses just to heighten your hunger and thirst to read and saturate in the whole prayer of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ: Jesus is praying to the Father shortly before being crucified. Here's a portion of "The Real Lord's Prayer" -- John 17:19-23 (NIV)

(19) For them I sanctify myself, that they too may be truly sanctified. (20) My prayer is not for them (the original disciples) alone. I pray also for those who will believe in me through their message, (21) that all of them may be one, Father, just as you are in me and I am in you. May they also be in us so that the world may believe that you have sent me. (22) I have given them the glory that you gave me, that they may be one as we are one: (23) I in them and you in me. May they be brought to complete unity to let the world know that you sent me and have loved them even as you have loved me.


ALL JOY!
Grateful

No comments: