Monday, July 27, 2009

Our Pain in His Heart

Our dear friend, Deb, gave me the most wonderful definition of compassion that I have ever heard. She said compassion means, Your pain in my heart.

According to these descriptive words about Jesus' heart of love recorded in Matthew 9:36, certainly Jesus defines compassion as Our pain in His heart. Here's the passage: "Jesus had compassion on them because they were harassed and helpless, like sheep without a shepherd."

We love Jesus so much because He first loved us too much.

His pain? Our gain!

ALL JOY!
Grateful

2 comments:

Rod said...

Kerry. I remember when you gave me this quote while you were visiting over here. I recently heard this definition: "Compassion is finding something that breaks God's heart and breaking your back to fix it."

i am Grateful... Kerry i am. said...

Good word brother Rod. Be careful and full of Christ over there... you are a picture of compassion... ALL JOY!