Saturday, June 15, 2019

Like An Anchor Finding Deep Water (Artwork and Heart-work) 

I have a friend and we call one another "Blue". His real name is Scott. Scott did the artwork engraving of a beautiful anchor for my dad’s grave stone. I am a debtor to Almighty God, in knowing my Daddy, Capt. Billy Willis, is anchored in Jesus. I am also a debtor to brothers in the Lord like Blue, too. 

Recently, God has been completing some beautiful heart-work in Blue’s life. He sent me this email earlier in the week and gave me permission to share its’ contents here on my blog. It’s like an anchor finding deep water for my own soul. Lean in and be blessed as Father’s Day weekend is upon us. 

Now, here it is, Scott’s / Blue’s, very vulnerable and victorious e-mail to me, all of it -- the real deal:

Hey Brother:

Longevity-- God doesn't let go...

I have tried for years to form a relationship with Jesus.

I have tried to plant the relationship myself so many times... I have been excited and traveled the road with Jesus in my back pocket (should've been in his). Failure then set my heart in a downward spiral. Then I tried again.

40 some odd years of this. The operative words have been "I have/tried".

God is merciful, and has allowed me to be captured by Jesus' "I have".

My heart went from "I have" to "HE has".

Below is a testimony/poem that the Lord gave me while I thinking about what he has done for my soul.

Also sent this to Pastor Margaret because I wanted to encourage her in what Celebrate Recovery, the step studies, are doing in my life. Hope this encourages you as well! 

Love you, Blue!

Now, the poem... 


"a soul redeemed"

dry and lifeless 

desolate and frail 

the only evidence of life is the

stale putrid life-blood 

seeping through the fissures

of silence and isolation

hopelessness

unleashes 

pain

estrangement 

and fear

in a baked-shut 

tormented

dust bowl soul

a hardened brittle heart 

shatters completely

screams 

then cries out 

in abandonment

humbled and broken

prostrating

heart and soul

to the King 

and the King’s true reality 

honest desire drives 

a purge 

of the stubbornness 

and the pride of self

thankful 

for the gift from God

which tethers and binds

the whole soul

to the advent 

of Christ within

self will 

will dissolve

into God’s

thirst rises

for the pouring in

of God’s mercy and

the healing 

everlasting

living water 

Every hurt, 

every hangup 

every habit

will be bathed and washed 

by God’s gentleness

Every scar will flower

every thought 

will be alive 

to a garden 

of hope within

only in the abiding presence 

of JESUS 

is life now rightly 

related with GOD

self and others-- 

Scott / Blue 


Presence Matters Most! No Invisible People!

UNITY!

Pastor Kerry Willis 

No comments: