Wednesday, June 5, 2019

A Praying Poet 

My friend, Pastor Del, is a praying poet in my humble estimation. The words he chooses to express his heart to the Lord and to others surely touches God deeply and also everyone else who happens to hear them. Here is one of his sacred, penned pieces. (Used with permission.)


                       Morning Mist

Soft. Quiet. Calm. Still. Penetrating. The mist of morning bathes my weary soul as I silently stroll through the friendly fronds of forest's ferns. Honeysuckle blooms, new leaves, grass blades, pine needles and willow wisps glisten with the droplets of glory. With giddy joy creation whispers a hallowed amen to the baptism of the morn.

In an age of nervous noise, in a time of boisterous boasting, in a frame of anxious anger and a day of selfish shoving, I need the mist! So I walk among the moist cloud of soothing solitude. I walk, but not alone. The Spirit of peace walks with me and I am engulfed in the assurance of holy rest.

Somewhere behind the misty veil a song emerges. Somewhere from within the sanctified forest a single sparrow sings. Somewhere within the shrouded sanctuary a solitary melody floats to my ears, fills my heart and lifts the burden from my soul. In the midst of the morning mist there is a quiet hallelujah.

"...let us press on to know the Lord; His going forth is sure as the dawn; He will come to us as the showers, as the spring rains that water the earth." Hosea 6:3

Your servant in Christ - Pastor Del Bieber

Presence Matters Most! No Invisible People!

UNITY!

Pastor Kerry Willis

No comments: