Thursday, November 19, 2015

"Holy, Holy, Holy" in the Village -- Guatemala 2015

I could spend much time writing about the multiplied blessings I encountered today, however, because one highlight was so "Holy, Holy, Holy" ... I will only share it. 

Her name is Ingrid -- a young beautiful wife and mother in the village we have adopted. Our group learned after their last trip that Ingrid needed lifesaving surgery. The money was raised before our arrival and she had the surgery a few days ago. She is at home on her sick bed. 

As we climbed the steps and entered the humble, second-floor home, I suddenly remembered my recent trip to Capernaum in The Holy Land, and the New Testament story that happened there -- yes, the story of Jesus healing and saving the paralyzed man.

We were invited into Ingrid's home. There laid Ingrid, her husband and small kids all around. Though sick, she was still beautiful. After Heidi, Claudia, and Angela talked with her for a while, we learned she may still be in a fragile place with her health, in part, because she needs follow-up medicine she can't afford. She didn't even have pain meds. We gave her ibprophen, and promised to do all we can to get the other prescriptions needed by tomorrow. 

I asked Ingrid if we could pray and anoint her. She tenderly agreed. We prayed, asking God to touch her body. It was holy ground. Her young son who had been loudly whining since we arrived slowly but surely fell asleep at the head of his young mom's sick bed as I prayed. Such peace fell in the room. 

As we consoled her after the prayer, she said with such fervency: "I want to receive Jesus." Heaven came down and glory filled my/our soul(s). Without hesitation, I took Ingrid by the hand again and prayed the sinner's prayed. As I was praying and pausing in English, the translator was echoing in Spanish as I paused and Ingrid was reechoing his echo in Spanish as he paused. 

"Holy, Holy, Holy, indeed!" What a glorious day in Guatemala.

(Click image below to view full-frame, the precious recreated Ingrid. See her son peacefully sleeping behind her.) 


Keep praying for Ingrid'a healing. I told her: "Don't worry. Worship!" We will return tomorrow. 

Before leaving today, Ingrid's husband, Harrison, was tender. He wants to think about it before receiving Christ. But he allowed me to pray blessings over him and his life. 

Give away your life... For Jesus' sake to whomever you encounter in your journey. 

Grateful 

No comments: