Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Select A Sustainable Speed

Today, I confessed to a dear friend, that I have at times allowed myself to get too busy doing good things. I believe for the most part, my heart has always been in the right place, but still the pace has been, at times, maddening.

As I have now walked with the Lord for some 35 years, here's the good news --  one thing I realized just in time, probably about 12 years ago, was to lay my own life across the grid of a quote I heard from a wise pastor. He counseled me with this phrase: "Be sure to select a sustainable speed that will allow you to make it to the end of your life while remaining spiritually successful."

In other words, different personality-types can handle different speeds through life. I personally know how to throttle my own movement to retain a healthy all-around life. If I ignore my own reality when it comes to scheduling and the like, I really don't like myself very much.

So, how do I happen to know what healthy speed to select for my own unique existence? Only by knowing The Wise Counselor, yes The Spirit of Truth. He alone helps me to embrace a balanced work ethic. So, it's not so much "what I know" to make these most essential speed selections for my soul, it's much more about "Who I know" and "Who I go to" for the throttle position.

So, how's the speed of your life? Please don't live in denial. You are too valuable to God and to me. Oh yeah, and I totally trust you to go to The Holy Spirit to find out the very best speed for your own precious life. Our goal is, after all, to gain the crown of eternal life and not to crash in this earthly life.

Yes, I love you, and you are welcome. :-)

Give away your life... To The Holy Spirit's Counsel.

Grateful  

2 comments:

Mark Spruill said...

Thanks for the wise words. A race car and a bulldozer go at vastly different speeds but both are very effective if they stick with doing what they are made to do.

i am Grateful... Kerry i am. said...

Mark, whenever you speak/comment, you are an encourager to my soul. And I am grateful. Kerry