Tuesday, April 21, 2015

"Love is NOT Provoked..."

Some scholars note that when King James had the Bible translated, in one particular verse he actually added a word to help cover up his own short-comings. It is in the "Love Chapter", yes, 1 Corinthians 13:5, "Love is not easily provoked." So, some say that the word easily doesn't belong there -- that the rendering should actually be "Love is not provoked."

Whether these scholars are right or not is above my pay-grade to judge, but I must admit, sometimes non-King Kerry and King James probably prefer to add the word easily. Why? Well, I've heard King James had quite a temper, and while I've personally been accustomed to having a very long-fused temper, sometimes I must confess, "I AM -- IN THE END -- PROVOKED" and when the fire hits the end of the fuse, the gunpowder explodes. Not proud of it, just stating the truth.

So what am I to do? Just did it. Confessed it! What else can I do? Well, often I cry aloud prayerfully one of my Daddy's last chants before he entered Heaven: "HE'S (Yes, 'GOD', YOU'RE) STILL WORKING ON ME."

Lord, I pray for those who would provoke me, and ask all-the-while that You would form within me more fully The Mind and The Attitude of Yourself! Make me more and more aware that I am not alone, but You, yes, JESUS YOURSELF, are always with and within me. I know you have forgiven my sins and have cleansed my Sin, still I am so very human and I desperately long for more of You and for more of Your Holiness.

How's that for transparency? Whew, I sure feel better.

Give away you life... to King Jesus -- Who is Himself, Perfect Love!

Grateful

2 comments:

i am Grateful... Kerry i am. said...

I receive that. Especially with a name like yours. Peace. Grateful.

Martin LaBar said...

So King James actually was involved in the production of the 1611 (not 1789) KJV? Interesting idea.