Wednesday, January 28, 2015

"Understand All Mysteries..."

Among the most mysterious things for me to understand is the passage of time, yes, the brevity of our earthly lives as human beings.

Today, my two brothers and I have journeyed to the island of our upbringing to share one meal together with our Mom on her 73rd birthday. The time of travel will be much longer than our time together. Yet, we were drawn here as this is our Mom's first birthday since Dad's Heavenly departure. 

I took a short drive today around my native island reminiscing about my boyhood. I went down the Old Ferry Dock Road and entered the Virgie Mae Cemetery. Immediately, I recognized many names on the gravestones before finally arriving at Dad's burial spot. 

As I exited the graveyard, I stopped by the Seaside Convenience Store to fill my coffee mug with decaf. Gathered around the coffee pot were four local men between my age and Dad's -- Panny, Winkle, Doug and Rickey. I knew when I saw them that I wasn't there for just coffee.

As I tenderly encouraged the men, and gently but surely confessed Jesus to them, I couldn't help but think if I would ever see some of them again in this short lifetime of ours. 

So, the mystery deepens. Indeed, the passage of time confounds me, yet I have peace that surpasses all understanding. 

So, I will journey onward until I see Jesus, where on That Day I will understand all mysteries completely. 

Give away your life...

Grateful 

No comments: