Saturday, January 5, 2013

Passion 2013 -- Day #4 Report

Well, it's almost 1 a.m. on Saturday morning now. We made the 525-mile bus trip back to Virginia's Shenandoah Valley from Atlanta, Georgia, arrriving safely about 11 p.m. God's favor is so appreciated. I'm still up just reflecting on the goodness of the Lord.

The Passion 2013 Gathering ended at about 1:30 p.m. on Friday and praise be to our Lord, over $3 million was raised over these past four days to help end human slavery in our modern times.

Louie Giglio, founder of Passion in 1997, was the final keynote speaker of the gathering. While the whole message seemed spot-on with Scripture to me, one "breath-taking" line from his message I hope to never forget:

Worship is giving back to God His breath!

Think about it. We were spiritually dead but He gave to us eternal life, so when we worship Him, there is no more simple or profound way to define what worship is than human beings gladly giving back to Holy God the breath of Life He generously gave to us.

Deo Volente -- Whatever God Wants!
Grateful

4 comments:

Martin LaBar said...

That's a great line: "Worship is giving back to God His breath!"

i am Grateful... Kerry i am. said...

It was one of the best lines I ever remember hearing. Blessings Martin.

KLW said...

this is the air I breathe
this is the air I breathe
Your holy presence living in me

this is my daily bread
this is my daily bread
Your very word spoken to me

And I, I'm desperate for you
And I, I'm I'm lost without you

Michael W. Smith - Breathe Lyrics

i am Grateful... Kerry i am. said...

Wonderful song. Wonderful. Thanks.