Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Awakened to Pray

Following a special prayer gathering at our local church, one gentlemen, Gene Stainback, e-mailed me an encouraging message about how God has awakened his soul to pray. He also wrote a sacred poem based on the Scripture I opened our prayer gathering with, Matthew 26, and gave me permission to share his poem with you:

What a sad sight to see
Our Lord Jesus alone on His knees
In a dark garden on a dreadful night
Pleading with our Father with all His might
Blood drenched tears cry "let this cup pass
Is there another way, My strength is fading fast"

Heart so heavy, exhausted to the core
"Dear friends please stay awake with Me one hour more
My sorrow is deep the end draws near
I hear the rattling of the enemy's spear
Not My will but Yours be done
If there is no other way I will obey, I am the Father's Son"

"Wake up friends My time has come
Slumber no longer My capture has begun"
Sorrow upon sorrow pain upon pain
Our Savior led away shackled and chained
What a sad sight to see, alone in the dark
Friends wide awake now watching as the Savior departs

Lord, awaken us all to pray with You. Now.
Grateful

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Father awaken us. Prayer can change anything. Let us be on our knees with you in prayer.

i am Grateful... Kerry i am. said...

Most of all prayer changes me. Amen.

KLW said...

Prayers do not have to be long, drawn out affairs, but we need to be precise in what we are asking, and ask according to the bible rather than asking blindly for what we want. If it glorifies the Lord, then it will be something good for us. If it does not, then we shouldn't be asking for it in our prayers.

i am Grateful... Kerry i am. said...

In my life, Lord, be glorified I pray.

Martin LaBar said...

Indeed. Waken us all.

i am Grateful... Kerry i am. said...

Amen from me brother.