Monday, October 24, 2011

Hearts Aflame Discipleship Journey

Today, I, along with one of my partners in ministry, Pastor Vic, baptized 20 people in the Jordan River. Tonight, I am lost in wonder, love, and praise.

One of the ladies on this discipleship journey, Dara, read these words from Mark, Chapter 1, from God's Holy Word just before the sacred moments of baptism began:

(9) One day Jesus came from Nazareth in Galilee, and John baptized Him in the Jordan River. (10) As Jesus came up out of the water, He saw the heavens splitting apart and the Holy Spirit descending on Him like a dove. (11) And a voice from heaven said, “You are my dearly loved Son, and You bring me great joy.” (12) The Spirit then compelled Jesus to go into the wilderness, (13) where He was tempted by Satan for forty days. He was out among the wild animals, and angels took care of Him. (14) Later on, after John was arrested, Jesus went into Galilee, where He preached God’s Good News. (15) “The time promised by God has come at last!” He announced. “The Kingdom of God is near! Repent of your sins and believe the Good News!”


It was a powerful day to say the least.

Now, as I post this blog content, I can hear the waves of The Sea of Galilee lapping along the seashore about 20 feet outside my hotel room window. In the morning we, like Jesus, will steadfastly set our faces to go to Jerusalem (Luke 9:51).

Our guide in The Holy Land, Johnny, said this to us earlier in the week: "Every believer should desire to visit the Holy Land of our Lord Jesus at least once in their lifetime." Indeed, being here lives up to the reputation that comes along with journeying through the Holy Land -- Yes, it most surely is like living within what has been called The 5th Gospel of The Bible.

I pray that wherever you are, the presence of the Man from Galilee will speak "Peace be still to your soul" and that your heart will be aflame with the beauty of His Holiness.

Holiness Unto The LORD!
Grateful

3 comments:

aerocatzz said...

enjoy such a wonderful place of god , I know you have been before ... hope I may get to go someday ... Enjoy ..
have a safe trip .. Creig

Mark Spruill said...

Sounds like a beautiful experience. I hope to get to go someday. Otherwise, someday I'll see the New Jerusalem!

Safe travels,

Mark

i am Grateful... Kerry i am. said...

God bless you brothers... come and go with me sometime. I go yearly according to God's will.