Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Not Human Imitation, But Holy Manifestation!

God does not expect us to imitate Jesus Christ. He expects us to allow the life of Jesus to be manifested in our mortal flesh.
-- Oswald Chambers

(3) For what the law was powerless to do in that it was weakened by the sinful nature, God did by sending His own Son in the likeness of sinful man to be a sin offering. And so He condemned sin in sinful man, (4) in order that the righteous requirements of the law might be fully met in us, who do not live according to the sinful nature but according to the Spirit.
(29) For those God foreknew He also predestined to be conformed to the likeness of His Son, that He might be the firstborn among many brothers. (30) And those He predestined, He also called; those He called, He also justified; those He justified, He also glorified.
-- Romans 8:3-4 29-30, (NLT)

Christ in you, the hope of glory.
-- Colossians 1:27b (NIV)

My Prayer Today: Merciful Lord, help me to allow Your extraordinary Life to be so fully manifested in my ordinary life, that sin itself is condemned by the glory that is all Yours, yet in me -- not my human imitation, but Your holy manifestation. In the Name of Jesus. Amen.

Holiness Unto the LORD!
Grateful

6 comments:

KLW said...

John 8.12 – “I am the light of the world: he that followeth me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life.”
There is a contrast established that is not only physical in nature, but spiritual. Darkness and light illustrates the contrast between the unbeliever and the believer, the lost and the saved, those dead and those alive.

i am Grateful... Kerry i am. said...

Be Light! Go Shine!

Mark Spruill said...

Pastor Kerry,

Those words are "burden lifting." Too often I try to be like Christ, instead of just allowing Him to be IN me.

Mark

i am Grateful... Kerry i am. said...

Praise the Lord! He still comes to set the captive free. I want 2011 to be less and less about my human sweat and more and more about His holy blood. Thanks Mark.

Martin LaBar said...

Thanks for that prayer.

i am Grateful... Kerry i am. said...

Thanks for praying it with me.