Wednesday, December 15, 2010

C-H-R-I-S-T-M-A-S According to Mr. Jack

If you haven't visited a rest home for the elderly this season yet, let me recommend that you do so. I recently went along with another pastor to encourage the aged at two separate homes, but I was the one encouraged the most.

One very frail elderly man, Mr. Jack, seemed sadly confined to his bed, but surprisingly all joy flowed from his life. From memory and with great passion Mr. Jack proclaimed multiple times through a glorious grin his original acrostic for C-H-R-I-S-T-M-A-S:

Christmas
Hearts
Rejoicing
Infant
Savior
True
Message
Angels
Sounding!

Thanks to Mr. Jack. You inspired me. During our time together, you certainly gave to my soul a dose of undeniable holiday "rest" and an increased appreciation in my heart for "home", yes, all from your "rest home" bed. Amazing! You are a vibrant witness. Your life is proof that if we know the Christ of Christmas, then we absolutely and positively lack nothing! I want to be like you, Mr. Jack, especially when my earthly life seems near to the end and I am coming nearer and nearer to eternity.

(2) My brethren, count it all joy when you fall into various trials, (3) knowing that the testing of your faith produces patience. (4) But let patience have its perfect work, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking nothing. -- James 1:2-4 (NKJV)

Thanks also to Pastor Al for allowing me to partner with you at the rest homes during the Advent Season.

ALL JOY TO YOUR WORLD!
Grateful

No comments: