Tuesday, April 2, 2019

It’s Almost Been a Year...

I am amazed when I think it’s almost been a year since I left the local pastorate to be a district overseer. The first weekend of May will be my first district assembly as servant leader of the Philadelphia District Church of the Nazarene. We are beginning to know our way around Eastern Pennsylvania and Southern New, Jersey. Still, the passage of time is such a mystery. 

Today, I wrote my first year report as Philly district superintendent. It’s just one typed-page, but I do plan to do a little verbal vision-casting after I read it to the delegation. Yes, and likely a little preaching as well. I am praying and believing our first full gathering together as district overseer and local churches will be beautifully visited by the presence of our Lord Jesus, The Nazarene. 

Here’s what I am praying as we reach the almost one-year mark:

Lord, You have proven so very faithful to us, your people. Please show up and show off at our District Gathering for Your Divine Glory and then send us out as renewed lights in the darkness. We want to see souls saved, believers sanctified, families healed, churches revived, and communities transformed. Please touch Your people once again, and let a Holy-Spiritual awakening be awaiting just on the horizon we are approaching. In Your Name, I pray. Amen.

Presence Matters Most!

That is.... Presence. Unity. Souls. Love.

Pastor Kerry Willis


No comments: