Wednesday, January 10, 2018

Sheep That Went Astray

I have a special friend that I visit about once a month who is in jail. And whenever I go to see him, I always feel as if I am going to see Jesus. 

Today, was about my fourth visit to the jail to see my new friend. We always have meaningful conversation and I always walk away humbled and grateful for the opportunity.

Today he told me, “I am just a sheep who went astray”. Nevertheless, he has now turned his back on the darkness and is walking in the light with The Good Shepherd again. Though he still has possibly 3 1/2 years of prison time to complete, I can see the light of hope in his eyes when we have conversations.

At the conclusion of our half-hour conversation today, I surprised my new friend somewhat by asking him to pray for me. He was hesitant at first but with my encouraging he began to pray aloud. With his head bowed he prayed for about five minutes. I have never heard a more beautiful prayer prayed over me and I truly felt as if Jesus Himself had in some way prayed for me. As I left the corridor, I felt blessed and humbled and grateful.

Remember what Jesus said:



A Holy Land Shepherd with his sheep. If you turn the photograph upside down you will notice in the reflection that it appears the shepherd is tending to just one sheep in his flock. Could this be the sheep that went astray but turned back toward the good shepherd?

My Tweet after leave by the prison:



Maranatha — “Amen! Come, Lord Jesus!” Rev. 22:20

Grateful 

No comments: