Tuesday, December 27, 2016

"It Took a Miracle"

By now, you may know that during the week leading up to Christmas 2016, my wife, Kim, and I, rescued a Beagle/Treeing Walker Coonhound mix puppy from the local SPCA. Her name is Lucy and she's only nine months old and already weighs 46 pounds. Nevertheless, she is a real sweetie. 

One thing I didn't realize I was missing out on since our old dog, Oreo, passed in June, is looking at the night sky when taking the dog out late at night. My, my the awe and wonder of it all.

Last night it was midnight when I took Lucy Pup out for a backyard visit under clear and majestic skies. It was breath-taking to gaze at all the night lights high in the heavens, each star a fireball created and sustained by my Lord. As I worshiped deep within under the starlit canopy, a song my Mom has always loved to sing came to mind and I sung it aloud as Lucy listened.

(Click below to hear the old chorus and consider yourself warned, because these lyrics may get wonder-ously awe-stuck in your mind.) 


"...and i wait." Psalm 5:3 GW

Grateful 

No comments: