Monday, February 29, 2016

February 29th -- "Another Friend" (Leap Day)

On this bonus day of 2016, a leap year, we get to embrace an additional 24 hours. Let's redeem the day, yes, let's pray and obey. 

For me personally, I am praying I will realize the reality of the words Jesus spoke in John 14 -- yes, these words promising (that although He was leaving us physically) He would come to dwell with us, even within us, through "another Friend" -- His Spirit of Truth. 

In The Message Paraphrase, these words from the lips of Jesus should fill our lives with holy awe and anticipation, perhaps even causing our hearts to leap with joy on this leap day and everyday:

"If you love me, show it by doing what I've told you. I will talk to the Father, and He'll provide you another Friend so that you will always have Someone with you. This Friend is the Spirit of Truth. The godless world can't take Him in because it doesn't have eyes to see Him, doesn't know what to look for. But you know Him already because He has been staying with you and will even be in you."

"... and i wait." Psalm 5:3 (GWT)

Grateful 

No comments: