Wednesday, January 6, 2016

Epiphany -- Billy C. Willis January 6, 1969 -- A Spiritual Birthday

I sent this message to my two younger brothers today:

"It was today, January 6, yes Epiphany, 1969, that our Dad bowed on the floor of the shrimp trawler, Miss Vickie, as the 4th watch of the night was about to begin, and became a wise man as he worshipped by presenting the gift of his life to King Jesus. I realized today that Dad was born again and went to be with Jesus during the same hour of the night. An Epiphany indeed. Love ya bubs."

A few hours after I sent the message to my brothers, a seafood dealer, Ted, from coastal North Carolina, who was friends with my Dad and helped Dad to sell his shrimp trawler, Lady Melba, two weeks before Dad's passing, sent me this picture below of the bonanza-sized catch of shrimp by the new crew on Dad's old boat. Amazing to my heart, mind, soul and strength. And the captain sent these breath-taking words as well: "I know Captain Billy was smiling down on us from Heaven this week." 

(Click below to view full-frame view of bonanza-sized shrimp harvest on Dad's trawler on the Day of Epiphany and Dad's spiritual birthday.)


"... and i wait." Psalm 5:3 (GWT)

Grateful 

P.S. Also, today, I put together a wall-hanging shadow box of my Dad's life to display in my home office. A tender and humble day of holy gratitude in my life. 


No comments: