Wednesday, September 9, 2015

Tuesday at Peggy's Cove, Nova Scotia, Etc.

Tuesday was a reflective day. I have always wanted to visit Peggy's Cove, Nova Scotia at the eastern fringes of Canada. Tuesday it became reality. 

Why Nova Scotia? Well, to begin with, I am the son of a fisherman and a fisherman for the Son. Plus, I have always respected the perseverance of the maritime seamen in the Northern waters of the Atlantic Ocean. So, finally journeying there on Tuesday somehow made me feel very fulfilled, sort of like a missing piece to the puzzle of my own life sort of fell into place. 

It really seemed that Jesus and my Dad (who went to be with Jesus last November) were both very present with me as I walked the tiny fishing village build on solid rock, Peggy's Cove, that has only 60 full-time residents year round. 

On the bus ride from Halifax to Peggy's Cove, our tour guide, Barb, said we would pass 53 churches of all denominations. People who persevere through hard times near the tumultuous sea often have an overwhelming, healthy fear of Almighty God. 

To make the day even more reflective, we ended our day stopping by Halifax's Fairview Lawn Cemetery to pay our respects at the graves of over 100 victims of drowning on April 15, 1912. Yes, they were among those who lost their lives around 2 a.m. in the North Atlantic when the sailing vessel, Titantic,  hit an iceberg on its maiden voyage and tragically sunk off the coast of Newfoundland, Canada.

There are some verses in Psalm 107 you might want to read, verses that were my Dad's (Cap'n Billy's) favorites. Actually, Psalm 107:29 from The Old Testament is engraved on his brand new headstone as a testimony to future generations. 

Here's one image below that I snapped at Peggy's Cove's Harbor. It looked a lot like my boyhood home for many tender reasons. Also an image of "The Titantic Burial Grounds" and the words of Psalm. 107:29 mentioned earlier in association with my Dad's epitaph.

(Click-on images below for full-view.)




Give away your life... To our Holy God Who is our Holy Perseverance. 

Grateful 

No comments: