Sunday, May 17, 2015

"Live to See Jesus!" / Cap'n Billy 6 Month Afterglow

Six months ago today, my Dad's steadfast faith in Jesus gave way to finally seeing Jesus. I had never quite thought about his passing in precisely that way, but as I preached today about "Faith in Jesus Himself", it became quite evident. 

Mom and I talk on the phone most every day. Today, she reminded me of something I told her in the afterglow of my Dad's Homegoing. I said, "Mom, we cannot be overcome with sadness because we have been separated for a while from Dad, in fact, this is what Dad lived for -- to see Jesus."

What are you living for? If it's anything other than your faith in Jesus becoming sight of Jesus, I encourage you to aim higher! Immediately! 

Two words are repeated over and over in Hebrews 11, The Faith Chapter. Yes, these two simple yet profound, one-syllable words -- "BY FAITH!" 

Let us live "BY FAITH" today and until "THAT DAY" when we finally pass from death to LIFE, from faith to SIGHT!

Give away your life... BY FAITH!

Grateful 


No comments: