Monday, May 18, 2015

"Take Care of You For Me" -- A Ken Davis Memory

A short while back, I officiated the funeral service for my childhood friend, Kenneth Grey Davis. It was a very tender season for my soul and still is a tender memory. 

Less than a year earlier Ken was diagnosed with cancer. At that time, my friend contacted me asking if I would officiate his homegoing service when he passed? I was humbled and broken by his request, but said without hesitation,  "You can count on me." 

Ken sent me lots of detailed information for his funeral outline. The most heartwarming thing he said was this: "I want the final song to be a 'Beach Music tune' by The Embers." Yes, for his wife, Melinda, Ken wanted the last walking-out-of-the-chapel song to be "Take Care of You For Me." What a precious gift. Tears flowed and tears still flow. My my. 

Here's the tender love song.


Give away your life... To The One you love and to the ones you love. 

Grateful

No comments: