Saturday, May 25, 2013

The First Hummingbird Arrives

I believe one of God's most sophisticated creations is the hummingbird. Each year I get my hummer fueling stations filled with sweet water and hung in the trees, as I anxiously await their arrival to our residence.

The weather has been unseasonably cool this year, so the hummers have been taking their time moving up the Eastern Seaboard of the USA. But today at 6:30 p.m. the first hummingbird made his arrival. Yes, looks like my Ruby-throated, fine-feathered friends are back. It's a wonderful day in the neighborhood. Indeed, it is.

If we give thanks for the tiniest blessings from God, I believe it's more likely that He will entrust us with the certain arrival of the largest blessings.

"Every good and perfect gift is from above..." -- James 1:17
Grateful

2 comments:

Martin LaBar said...

Great! I'm glad you feed them.

i am Grateful... Kerry i am. said...

You are a kind man, Martin.