Friday, May 24, 2013

Feeling Overwhelmed? Remember the Joy!

Do you ever feel overwhelmed by life? Well, you can drop the false guilt and exhale, because feeling overwhelmed is a very real part of being a human being. I've personally had moments throughout this week when it seemed the cares of the world and the details of my day would drown me in despair. But thanks be to God, I'm still above the flood.

When you feel overwhelmed what do you do? I don't know what you do, but I whisper the name of "JESUS" over and over and over again. Knowing JESUS will not abandon His own, causes my overwhelmed human feelings to experience the overflow of His Holy joy.

In fact, this verse has continuously held onto my heart moment-by-moment this week: Nehemiah 8:10b -- "...the joy you have in the Lord is your strength."

Let's remember that "the joy of our LORD is our strength!"
Grateful

No comments: