Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Even After He Became Very Rich...

(3-4) When Jehoshaphat's father had first become king of Judah, he was faithful to the LORD and refused to worship the god Baal as the kings of Israel did. Jehoshaphat followed his father's example and obeyed and worshiped the LORD. And so the LORD blessed Jehoshaphat (5) and helped him keep firm control of his kingdom. The people of Judah brought gifts to Jehoshaphat, but even after he became very rich and respected, (6) he remained completely faithful to the LORD. He destroyed all the local shrines in Judah, including the places where the goddess Asherah was worshiped.
-- 2 Chronicles 17:3-6 (CEV)

Lord, don't let riches rob us of a right relationship with You. Amen.

Deo Volente.
Grateful

3 comments:

Martin LaBar said...

Amen. And, compared to the world at large, anyone who has a computer or a smart phone to read your blog, and the time to do it, is rich. I am.

KLW said...

I"d Rather Have Jesus

I'd rather have Jesus than silver or gold
I'd rather be his than have riches untold
I'd rather have Jesus than houses or land
Yes I'd rather be led by his nail pierced hands
Than to be the king of a vast domain and be held in sins dread sway
I'd rather have Jesus than anything this world affords today

Jim Reeves

i am Grateful... Kerry i am. said...

Amen to both of you.