Thursday, May 17, 2018

Dearest Jesus

Dearest Jesus:

Apart from You, i can accomplish nothing of lasting value. My weakness is in stark contrast to your strength. Unless You make me strong, all i attempt will miserably fail. In desperation, i seek Your face and cry out for Your Presence. 

Come to me, Jesus. Remind me of Your great compassion for me. Take pity on my human frailty. Empower me with Your everlasting life. As i stand in for you, please stand up in me. Infuse me with Your competence and complete my character with Your Holiness. 

The future is a mystery to my mind. Calm me and make me content with Your moment-by-moment mapping of my life. Be my Vision. Though the path forward is mostly unknown to me, You are my undeniable Way, Jesus, so let me know You more intimately.

Search my being, my Lord, and turn my mourning into dancing. Flood any despair within me with Your peace. As i transition from my calling as a local pastor and i say goodbye to a people i have loved and still love dearly, embrace my sorrow and let Your new joy arise within me for the new mission field you are leading me to. As long as You do not abandon me, I will sing from the deepest chamber of my soul: “All is well!” 
In the Name of Jesus, i pray these things. Amen.

Maranatha — “Come, Lord Jesus!” Rev. 22:20

Grateful 

No comments: