Thursday, February 22, 2018

Remember Me

I think most of us would admit, if we are truly honest, that we want to be remembered -- in our lifetime and even beyond our lifetime -- especially by those we love and those who love us.

As I get older, I find myself thinking about these things much more often. Don't get me wrong and please don't hear what I am not saying. I'm not interested in leaving a personal legacy, but I do hope that when I am absent -- especially from those I have loved and those who have loved me -- my presence will be missed because I was simply yet profoundly a true sanctuary of the Presence of Jesus while I was around those I shared my lifetime with.

Perhaps we are a whole lot like Jesus when we desire to be remembered. After everything He has made an eternal reality for us by being present here on the earth, surely He hopes and maybe even cries out to us: "Remember Me."

A song comes to mind... a song by Mark Schultz titled "Remember Me!"

https://youtu.be/16YYBoQ3YMI

Maranatha -- "Come, Lord Jesus!"

Grateful

No comments: