Saturday, July 15, 2017

My Witnesses

Last Sunday, I preached from the words of Jesus recorded in Acts 1:8, especially these three words -- "Be My Witnesses."

This past week, our extended family vacationed together in our native North Carolina, and today as we were returning from the NC mountains, we passed a young lady with a flat tire as storm clouds were rolling in. She seemed so overwhelmed. 

I pulled the vehicle off and backed up to her front bumper and my wife and I got out and 12-15 minutes later I had the tire changed. Immediately the storm began, but Jackie hugged us and with teary eyes asked "do you go to church?" Yes, we said. Then she continued: "Thanks so much for helping me and please pray for my family. We had a cousin killed in a car wreck recently and our family is devastated by it." 

We pulled Jackie close and assured her that God loved her and we loved her and we would surely pray and God would help her and her family. (I've had her in my intercessions ever since.) 

As we pulled away from Jackie, the rain came down hard, however, my heart grew really soft. We had not said a word about God or church, yet the Lord witnessed to her through us. It was so humbling and fulfilling. When Jesus said: "Be My Witnesses" surely He intended on being Present with and within us always. "Christ in us, THE HOPE..." Colossians 1:27.

"Worship Only God!" Rev. 22:9 NLT 

Grateful 

No comments: