Tuesday, May 23, 2017

Cult Observation

Today, in a local restaurant I watched from a distance as three members of a local cult put the full court press on a humble individual. It seemed there was desperation in his face and I prayed deeply in my spirit for him and for them.

Don't mistake what I am saying please.  I am not the judge of such things but knowing their message was not of The Real Jesus, my heart hurt for them as they offered him -- a man seemingly suffering the side effects of his human rebellion against God -- a dose of their empty religion for his gasping soul. 

How I wanted an in-road to the conversation but the four left and this time God provided no open entry for me to speak Hope. Still, I prayed and I am sure my prayer mattered.

A second thought I had was in the form of a petition of prayer for those of us who do have Hope for the seemingly hopeless. Oh, that we would have equal boldness as Jesus-believers that those lost in the leadership of cults possess. 

"Worship Only God!" Rev. 22:9 NLT

Grateful    

No comments: