Thursday, December 10, 2015

"I Have Asked One Thing From The Lord..."

I have decided that for 2016, my main book for daily devotional reading is going to be The Holy Bible. Of course, it's already the main book of my life, but I sense that The Lord is calling me to His Word almost exclusively for the coming new year. I invite you to consider joining me in this endeavor.

Now, I am not saying it is the only book I will read from in 2016, but I do sense that all other writings will be running a more distant second to God's Word than in past years. In fact, I think I've already started to make the transition though it's still December of 2015.

This morning these ancient words from Psalm 27:3-4 (GWT),  reflect so real the prayers at the depths of my own devotion:

(3) Even though an army sets up camp against me, my heart will not be afraid. Even though a war breaks out against me, I still have confidence in The Lord. (4) I have asked one thing from The Lord. This I will seek: to remain in The Lord's house all the days of my life in order to gaze at The Lord's beauty and to search an answer in His temple.

Give away your life... Leaning into The Holy Word of The Lord.

Grateful  

    


No comments: